Wednesday 3 December 2008

Into December



Quite a late night blog... I've been trying to find out whether any decision has been taken as to whether my younger son's school will be closed (in advance of anticipated heavy snowfall). There's nothing on the County Council or local BBC websites, so it looks as though we will just have to get up early and listen to local radio...

Meanwhile I can report that our new Parish Magazine (double issue for December and January) is now out. Our printer has got new machines - and the improvement shows on the hard copy. Of course you can also take a look online by clicking the link. But you only get the parish Christmas card if you buy a copy! - or at least find yourself in a place where we're giving them away. I've just printed and folded 300 cards, but the yellow ink has now run out, so there won't be any more till I get back to the shops...

Also up in the air of virtual reality you can find our Reader, Rosie Junemann's sermon for Advent Sunday. With our Christmas Fair this Saturday (11a.m. till 2p.m. for those who can make it - with Santa, Consett Brass, lunches, seasonal stalls and all the rest), we are moving on. The Hall's Christmas Decorations go up on Sunday afternoon... in time for the Lunch Club's "do" next Tuesday + Kaydar's Nativity Play, the Leadgate Gleemen / St. Cuthbert's Handbell Ringers' Concert and more. Read all about them in the magazine.

But we try to do something about Advent - Christmas is not entirely pre-empted. I've done my own bit by failing to buy any Christmas Cards so far (though I've ordered Nativity stamps at the local post office) - and I've only bought one Christmas present as yet... Then again, I haven't actually got anything sorted out for this Sunday's services. Perhaps if I get snowed in tomorrow it will help me get on...

No comments: