Tuesday 1 October 2013

Catching up

The October issue of our Parish Magazine has gone to the printer today - sorry to those who've been waiting, but he's only just back from holiday, and you can read it online and in colour by clicking here.

In updating the other pages of this blog, I realise I hadn't updated the Calendar page last month - I've done it now. And I've also provided a link to the September issue of the Parish Magazine - previously missing.

Harvest festivities begin this weekend with celebrations at St. Cuthbert's on Sunday - and at St. John's the following weekend. I need to make some progress with these, but there's the stuff of parish life first - including a wedding and two sessions in a local primary school on "The Bible - and why it's important for Christians." Starting with six-year olds, it's causing me to re-think my approach...

And I made a good start on Autumn re-booting with a Quiet Day last Saturday on Holy Island. I was quite taken with this resident. Click to enlarge...

No comments: